Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Flower Communion

At my church,
We are having a flower communion.

I wrote a poem,
To celebrate.

At my church,
We are having a flower communion.
I was asked to write a poem for it.
So here it is.



Flowers, trees, honey bees,
Spring has sprung.
So let us celebrate,
With the flower communion.


The first flower communion,
Was held in a church,
Without decoration.
So they brought flowers,
And filled the chapel with their scent.


This time, so many years later,
We bring flowers again,
But this time,
We bring rocks, too.


Because,
We’re all a little rough on the inside.


Flowers, beautiful.
Rocks, rough.


But, some flowers are not thought beautiful,
And a diamond is a rock,
And a diamond, is beautiful.


The outside,
Is not the inside.

The highest compliment,
Is to give joy and love and peace,
I did.

1 comment:

  1. Zoe, this is fabulous and perfect for the flower communion service. Thanks for writing it for us!
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete